About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I'm tired of being in a rut. I'm ready to kick my life out of neutral and make some changes. I have adopted the philosophy of IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BECOME WHO YOU ARE MEANT TO BE. I'm not sure what the future holds but I'm ready to see. Get aboard and join me on the journey!

Monday, July 4, 2011

The running? man

So today I’m sitting watching TV and it hits me-here you are on your butt doing nothing again. It will be dark and you will be mad because you didn’t accomplish anything. So I got up and decided to go for a walk, then I said heck, I’ll try jogging- I’m 48, 6’3′ and weigh 285 and I ran 1 mile ONCE in high school and walked 2 miles a few months ago. So I start and I RAN(loose interpretation of the word RAN) 5 MILES!! Now to the untrained observer I may have looked like a fat guy staggering slowly down the road but who cares! I'm hyped that I survived that distance. Of course I also had to discover the joy of an ICE COLD bath when done!

And best of all: my son told me before I left "you can call me to come pick you up if you need me too". How's that for motivation?! I would have crawled back first! Not to mention he's 20 and probably couldn't handle what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment