About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I'm tired of being in a rut. I'm ready to kick my life out of neutral and make some changes. I have adopted the philosophy of IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BECOME WHO YOU ARE MEANT TO BE. I'm not sure what the future holds but I'm ready to see. Get aboard and join me on the journey!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

To Run or Not to Run

Today's Quote:

"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."
Victor Kiam

I woke up this morning at 5:45 to the sound of rain. As I lay there slowly coming to life, I thought, "well its raining and you think you are a runner. So are you going to get out of bed and run in the rain, or roll over and try to snooze some more?" I got up and ran.

Not only ran but loved jogging in the rain. I'm going to be soaking wet after my 3 miles anyway, but with rain it is so much cooler. My wife thinks I'm nuts but she will think that anyway(with some justification-just not as much as she thinks-ha).

Saw some friends and acquaintenances today and one told me that I looked like I felt good and was is a good mood. I said "you're right I do feel good, I'm in a great mood, and I love it". Since turning over the "It's NEVER too late" leaf, my mental state has vastly improved. I still have problems to deal with but it really seems to be easier.

Call it a positive attitude, a product of physical activity, or psychological mumbo jumbo; I am handling life better and enjoying it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment